Thursday, September 2, 2010

Upcycling and buttons

As I slowly work my way through yet another studio revamp I'm uncovering things I used to do that I miss. One is "upcycling", where I take objects I buy at thrift stores, or people find for me in various places, and redo them. Right now I have three of the cutest handbags that are just dying for some painting and fixing up. I also have some girls clothing that needs a little fixing up and so on. I think I'll primarily work (as usual) in the "wearable art" area, doing clothing, handbags, belts, scarves and such. More on that later, I will probably be using eBay for some of those items.

A few years ago my sweet husband granted a lifetime wish for me and bought me a Badge-a-Minit. I just used my birthday cash to buy some more supplies and a new and improved piece of software that has tons of really cute clip art. I'm working on buttons that will capture the interest of the science fiction/fantasy crowd, the filkers, and general all-purpose geek and nerd types. Those will probably go up at a new Artfire store I'm plotting, one that will also serve for upcycled stuff and paper goods (note cards, gift cards, greeting cards and similar).

No comments:

Post a Comment