Friday, August 27, 2010

Photo Find Collaboration

A few years ago I wanted to start an art collaboration. I had a few people who were interested, and I started up - but, true to life in a busy house with a five year old (and my health issues) I dropped the ball. I'm thinking of picking it back up again at some point, and I wanted to get some eyes on the blog and thoughts - and maybe get a few new co-conspirators.

You can see the blog here, where you'll also see more information about the project and how you can get involved. Essentially it is a collaborative art project that pairs photos & photo art with text, and distributes them randomly. Finders are encouraged to return to the blog and comment on the entry for their found photo, then redistribute the piece. People are also encouraged to make and distribute their own art, and send a digital copy to the blog owner for publication as well. I think it could be a lot of fun, especially if we have people from all over the world participating. When I start it up again I'll be sending photos to other people to distribute wherever they choose.

Imagine buying a book at the bookstore, or checking out a book at the library and finding a photo or piece of art. It might be a nice surprise for people, or something that intrigues them. With luck everyone that gets a piece will come and comment, and leave the card somewhere for someone else to find.

Thoughts? I'd love to get a discussion started on how best to do this, and how successful people think it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment