Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The studio!

Until we finish our basement (where I have wonderful studio space set aside), I have an office and studio space in our back room. It's a nice room and there will be plenty of space for what I'm working on, but right now it is full of my "art supplies". I put the quotes around it, because part of it is just junk that has ended up in my boxes of supplies. I have to do this in stages.

  1. Get the area to the left of the desk clear. I have to have space for my LP's, and there's also room to put another cabinet (to be obtained from Ikea) for supplies.
  2. Get under the desk emptied.
  3. Get all the bookshelves emptied of books & the books moved or stored, and use that space for art supplies.
  4. Unearth Gabriel's kid desk which lives in the same room and get it available for him to use. I have a bedside table to put next to it to store art supplies.
  5. Get excess to the basement for storage.
  6. Get my sewing machine available for use. I have two portable tables for the room, one for the sewing machine and one for layout/painting fabric/cutting patterns and so on.
It is going to be a big project. I've decided that one of my carrots on a stick for this will be art supplies - I have a few things I need and want, but I won't buy anymore (unless there's an emergency, like a custom order) unless I've finished a stage of the mission. Here's a video of the room, to give you an idea. It's covered with junk, so beware! I've been sorting and pulling stuff out of boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment