Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Sensations - ColtPixy!

My second buying experience from among my Plurk Buds was with ColtPixy. There simply aren't enough good words in the dictionary to sum up this woman - she's a wonderful artist, she's a great business person, she's a delightful friend and she is also the Super Ultra Amazing Guildmaster for my guild, the Polymer Clay Smooshers.

My Mom is the most amazing lady around, and she loves jewelry. She's usually seen wearing one striking piece, sometimes a strand of beads, sometimes a single focal. She loves color, and she always looks gorgeous. I fell in love with ColtPixy's Pixy Stones, and got one for my Mother for Christmas.
Pink Pixy Stone Heart
Mom was just blown away by how lovely it is, and immediately modeled for me. She loves it, and wears it often!

ColtPixy then started doing something that is so cute and so adorable it's not even funny... the Bunny Butts (as we Plurky folks affectionately call them). Her Lucky Bunny Charms are done with an amazing technique (one of my favorites) called Mica Shift. The bunny looks raised, but the piece is completely smooth to the touch. It's hard work, and ColtPixy pulls it off beautifully. I found an orange one in her shop and it had to be mine.
Lucky Bunny
An example of ColtPixy's wonderful business ethic is that, when mine didn't show up way past the time it should have, she immediately shipped me another one. When the first one arrived almost immediately after, she refused to let me pay her for both. I now have two gorgeous bunny butts and am percolating ideas to create a piece of jewelry I can wear often to showcase them both.
Her items always arrive beautifully packaged. It's a joy to do business with this lady, and I'm incredibly glad (and lucky!) that she's both my friend and my guildmaster. You can find her online at her shop, on Facebook with the Smooshers, and at the Smoosher's blog. I highly recommend checking out all three!

My Artfire Blog

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is so beautiful! I am so glad she likes it =)
    Thank you for the sweet blog post. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ColtPixy is indeed a talented lady. Im so glad your mum like that necklace.. I've admired it for a while now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog post and I just love, love, love Coltpixy's bunny butt piece! It's so great to have friends on Plurk. They are all the best!!

    ReplyDelete