Saturday, June 6, 2009

Welcome to my world

My name is Teresa and I'm in the process of rediscovering myself, with a small handful of reinvention tossed in. I spent most of my life somewhat aimlessly, focused here and there, but easily distracted. The underpinning of my life, besides my friends & family, was always being creative and making art. Now I'm a very settled "grownup" (some would argue that I will ever -really- grow up, hence the quotes!) in the suburbs with two dogs, cats, a four year old and a big backyard - and I realize the need to reconnect more fully with the art I've always loved.

gundowerks was the name that my husband and I tacked onto our various side businesses, and when I decided to start pursuing marketing and selling my art more seriously I realized that it was the perfect name. 'gundo' comes from my husband's nickname (a diminutive of our last name) and 'werks' is both a way to be memorable and a way to denote that there's lots of different things in the hopper for us. My husband runs a small internet business supplying email addresses and server space to folks, as well as other endeavors - I write a little, do a few other things, and make art.

So, welcome to my world. I'll be featuring items I have for sale at ArtFire, new ideas and projects in the works, as well as a few tutorials and crafty ideas to share with people. Look for sales, contests, polls and interactive fun - please share comments, ideas & feedback with me because I want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment