Friday, January 27, 2012

Super Sculpey to the rescue.

So, my amazingly talented friend ColtPixy blogged about her favorite new tool. I have used it before, but not recently, so naturally I had to grab a 40% off coupon and trot over to Michael's to get some more, because results like that I NEED!


I already sliced off a hunk and started using it in my pasta machine(s). I say machine plural because I have three out and able to use (although only room to clamp one down at the moment), and I'm pretty sure I have a fourth somewhere. The real test is going to be using it after red, which tends to be so heavily saturated that it bleeds onto and -stays- on everything.

Super Sculpey is wonderful stuff. I wouldn't personally use it to make anything to sell, but I've used it for years to make tools, stamps, and molds when I don't have access to the really good two-part stuff. I recommend always having on hand a box of it, and the plain old Sculpey Oven Bake Clay (white, but not pure white like the small packages). I use that to make armatures and many other things. I will eventually blog about using clay to create useful items for the clay table, so stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I love it! ♥ No more streaks of one color onto another.

    ReplyDelete